4 February 2015

Individual job roles

         PRE-PRODUCTION ROLE.

 ASSISTANT CAMERA WOMAN.

As a camera assistant I worked closely with the director and the actor and compromising on the shots needed and the ones that needed to be done again.
Also I watched many opening sequences which also gave me an insight as to what type of shots  will be significant for our opening title sequence.


My Job Roles.

  • Preparation and Setting up of the equipment prior  to filming .These equipment includes tripod and cameras.
  • Working with the director and actors to get the best creative shots we have already visualized in our minds.
  • I was responsible for framing and lighting in order to choose the right lenses and filters.
  • Being able to time the segments and leave the camera to record a bit more before pausing it(important  during editing since there might be rough cuts)
  • Transportation of all the equipment to the various locations that we had to film our opening sequence.
  • Making sure all the equipment used are handled with care and back to the storage room after use.
WHY I CHOSE TO BE A CAMERA ASSISTANT:After our preliminary exercise  I found out that I need to learn more in terms of camera work.I therefore  decided to learn more about camera work by experimenting with it during the shooting of our main title sequence. And it has actually helped me since I can now set up the camera independently after a few times of struggling with it.